While the respective seasons of the NASCAR Cup Series and IndyCar may already be in full swing, the local level is only getting started. Similarly, the elite FIA-sanctioned international leagues are also underway. Please click or tap “Continue Reading” below to find out more.
Would you imagine regional short track drivers racing NASCAR’s Jimmie Johnson at Daytona? Road courses would be more challenging, but even more so if the race involved Formula One superstar Lewis Hamilton.
In the list below, the location and driving time/estimated distance (from Downtown Pittsburgh) of each track are given as calculated by Google Maps.
- Dog Hollow Speedway
- Northern Cambria, Cambria County
- 68 miles / 1 hour, 24 minutes
- Jennerstown Speedway
- Jennerstown, Somerset County
- 62 miles / 1 hour, 21 minutes
- Lernerville Speedway
- Sarver, Butler County
- 32 miles / 36 minutes
- Marion Center Speedway
- Marion Center, Indiana County
- 71 miles / 1 hour, 22 minutes
- Mercer Raceway Park
- Mercer, Mercer County
- 63 miles / 1 hour, 3 minutes
- Pittsburgh’s Pennsylvania Motor Speedway
- Imperial, Allegheny County
- 17 miles / 27 minutes
- Roaring Knob Motorsports Complex
- Markleysburg, Fayette County
- 77 miles / 1 hour, 34 minutes